- 1Tbsp Best Choice® Olive Oil
- 1 onion, diced (1 cup)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced (1 cup)
- 2 carrots, diced (1/2 cup)
- 2 tsp Best Choice® Ground Cumin
- 1 lb. extra lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 28oz can Best Choice® Tomatoes, crushed
- 2 cups water
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce, seeded and minced
- 2 tsp adobo sauce from the can of chipotles
- ½ tsp Best Choice® Dried Oregano
- Best Choice® Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 15.5oz can Best Choice® Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15.5oz can Best Choice® Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15.5oz can Best Choice® Pinto Beans, drained and rinsed
- Heat the oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over moderate heat.
- Add the onion, bell pepper, and carrots, cover and cook, stirring occasionally until the vegetables are soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add the cumin and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add the ground beef, raise the heat to high, and cook, breaking up the meat with a spoon, until the meat is no longer pink.
- Stir in the tomatoes, water, chipotle and adobo sauce, oregano, salt, and pepper. Simmer, partially covered, stirring from time to time, for 30 minutes.
- Stir in the beans and cook, partially covered, 20 minutes longer.
- Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.