Green Onion Feta Stuffed Chicken Breast
Makes 4 servings
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 Tbsp Best Choice® Butter
- 1 Tbsp Best Choice® Olive Oil
- Best Choice® salt and pepper to taste
- 2 oz Best Choice® cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 4 oz crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup green onions, sliced thin
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp grated lemon zest
- 1 tsp Best Choice® black pepper
- 1 Tbsp Best Choice® breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Season the chicken breast with salt and pepper. In a sauté pan over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil with the butter, and brown the chicken breast, about 3-4 minutes per side. Remove the chicken breast from the pan and set aside to cool.
- While the chicken is cooling, make the filling. Combine the cream cheese with the feta, in a medium bowl. Add the green onions, red onion, lemon zest, pepper, oregano, and breadcrumbs. Mix until well incorporated.
- Cut a slit in to the chicken breast lengthwise along the thickest part of the breast. Creating a pocket. Take care not to slice all the way though. Spoon 3 tablespoons of filling into each chicken breast and place them into an ovenproof baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes and serve with salad.