- 8 cups Best Choice® Vegetable Broth
- 1 stick Best Choice® Butter, divided
- 1/3 cup fresh sage leaves, chopped
- 1 medium onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 cups Best Choice® Brown Rice
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup Best Choice® Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 can Best Choice® Pumpkin Puree
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Clearly Organic Pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- Finely dice onion and mince garlic.
- Over high heat, pour broth into a large sauce pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer.
- While broth simmers, melt 1/2 the butter in a large (high-sided) skillet over medium-high heat. Add sage. Cook for about 4 minutes or until butter begins to brown slightly and sage is fragrant. Add onions and garlic; cook about three minutes until tender.
- Add rice and stir to completely coat in the butter/veggie mixture. Cook and continue stirring for about 3 minutes until rice begins to brown. Add white wine to the pan and return to medium-high heat. Continue to stir so rice doesn’t stick to the bottom and it absorbs the wine. Once wine is mostly absorbed and pan looks mostly dry, add one cup hot broth to pan. Stir until liquid is absorbed. Repeat this process adding broth one cup at a time for 7 more times (this process takes approximately 1 hour).
- Taste the risotto and season with salt and pepper as necessary. Add in remaining butter, Parmesan cheese and pumpkin. Stir together until cheese and butter are completely melted.
- Serve while hot. Top with Pepita (pumpkin seeds) for garnish.