- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Best Choice mayo
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1-1/4 teaspoons Best Choice salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1-1/4 pounds salmon fillet, skin removed and finely chopped
- 3/4 cup plain dried or Best Choice panko bread crumbs
- Best Choice pan coat spray
- 8 slices Best Choice fully-cooked bacon (optional)
- 4 leaves green leaf lettuce, each cut in half
- 8 white dinner rolls, split
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted and thinly sliced
1. In small bowl, stir half the green onions, mayo, 1 tablespoon dill, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon zest; set aside.
2. Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium heat. In medium bowl, gently mix salmon, 1/2 cup bread crumbs, and remaining green onions, 2 tablespoons dill, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon zest with fork to combine. Shape salmon mixture into eight 3-inch round burgers. Sprinkle both sides of burgers with remaining 1/4 cup bread crumbs, pressing lightly so they adhere. Spray both sides of burgers with pan coat spray.
3. Place burgers on hot grill rack. Cook burgers 6 to 8 minutes or until browned on outside, still slightly pink in center and internal temperature reaches 145°, turning once. Place bacon on grill and cook 1 to 2 minutes to heat through.
4. If adding bacon, cut each slice of bacon in half. Fold each piece of lettuce in half and place on bottom half of bun. Place burger over lettuce, then top with 2 pieces bacon and sliced avocado. Spread about 1 tablespoon mayo mixture on top half of bun then place over avocado to serve.